Tuesday, February 6, 2007

When Your Love Loves Another

I thought that I'd forgotten the sweetness of her lips,
the softness of her body, the perfection of her hips.
I thought that I'd forgotten all the joys & laughter & pleasures;
the world had bundled up for me its finest, rarest treasures.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder;
what total, useless, absolute rot!
Absence is sometimes heaven-sent
when trying to forget what one cannot.

The harder I tried, the more I failed to lose memories of her;
the way she moved, her smile & even the way she'd softly purr
while making love beneath the stars, or clouds so full of thunder.
Now all I feel are love & hate which tear my soul asunder.

Blending sweet past with bitter present is tasteless;
the recipe best be left undone.
For those who attempt such a dish,
the flavor offends the tongue.

How does one excise from one's heart the emptiness of being alone?
The moment 'fore I slip to slumber does escape a single moan;
a soft cry of desperation barely noticed in endless shadows of dark night.
I pray again sweet forgetfulness bless me when comes dawn eternal light.

No comments: